Represented and provided counsel to insurers and policyholders on many issues and matters, including:
- Prevailed at Texas Supreme Court on critical indemnity issue under CGL policy D.R. Horton-Texas, Ltd. v. Markel Intl Ins. Co., Ltd., 300 S.W.3d 740 (Tex. 2009).
- Lead counsel for Fortune 200 homebuilder in multi-carrier coverage and bad faith litigation concerning underlying $1 billion copyright infringement matter.
- Successful representation of carrier client in general liability coverage litigation regarding numerous underlying residential construction defect lawsuits.
- Successful defense of E&O insurer in coverage litigation to collect underlying judgment against insureds agency for premium undercharges on Arizona automobile program.
- Lead counsel for multi-national industrial services client in connection with coverage litigation arising out of an oil refinery fire. Successfully negotiated allocation and exhaustion of primary/excess coverage between client and upstream AI refinery owner.
- Represented national homebuilder in pursuit of excess carrier for indemnity in connection with settlement of several multi-family construction defect lawsuits in Colorado. Partnered with a team of experts to establish covered property damage within carriers policy period, paving the way for a favorable resolution.
- Represented apartment complex owner in successful pursuit of property carrier to enforce appraisal award on a roofing claim
- National counsel for insurers in multi-state class action litigation concerning workers compensation regulatory issues
- Successful pursuit of homebuilders’ AI carrier for defense and indemnity costs incurred settling underlying Florida personal injury lawsuit. Persistent discovery abuse prompted court to strike pleadings and enter a default judgment on liability,
- Represented subcontractor in wrongful death action arising out of tilt-wall accident on a commercial construction project. The lawsuit was resolved on favorable terms for the client.
- Provided coverage analysis and guidance to carrier client on complex Defense Base Act workers compensation claims worldwide.
- Successful recovery of policy proceeds on behalf of national homebuilder in multiple coverage lawsuits under CGL, excess, umbrella, and EPL policies.
- Baylor Tom Landry Center
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas
- Liaison to Board of Directors 2003-2005
- Dallas Summer Musicals
- Curtain Call Fund-raiser Event Committee Chair 2007
- Georgetown Alumni Admissions Program