Professional Liability Defense
- Successful defense of law firm in immigration-related legal malpractice litigation where plaintiffs sought $380 million in lost profits, plus punitive damages. After refuting plaintiffs allegations through extensive discovery and investigation involving third-party witnesses in U.S., Europe and Australia, plaintiffs dismissed the lawsuit in the face of a summary judgment motion.
- Successfully defended condominium association against claims that it failed to prevent one condo owners negligence from starting a fire that damaged fellow condo owners property.
- Represented independent insurance adjuster company in case where plaintiff homeowner alleged that the adjuster had undervalued the loss in question. After filing a motion for summary judgment on the duties the agent owed to the homeowner on the facts of the case, litigation was resolved on favorable terms days before the summary judgment motion was set to be heard.
- Successful defense of mortgage brokerage/lending firm in case where plaintiff alleged that defendants former employee stole prospective borrowers identity and personal financial information and opened various credit accounts in borrowers name.
- Defended accounting firm against malpractice claims brought by the Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner who alleged the firm negligently audited an insurance company that was later placed into receivership. The Commissioner alleged the accounting firm knew or should have known that the insurers financial statements did not fairly and accurately portray its true and actual financial position.
- Successfully defended accounting firm against malpractice claim wherein the firms former client alleged firm gave improper professional advice, which caused client to incur unnecessary tax consequences in connection with a debt-forgiveness transaction.
- Defended insurance agency against professional liability claim based on agents alleged failure to disclose certain limitations on a property policy that was issued to one of the largest and well-known marinas in Texas. The marina alleged that agent failed to notify it of exclusion that precluded damage suffered to dock when it was moved further into lake to avoid consequences of ongoing drought.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant attorney in malpractice case alleging failure to properly handle a creditor clients claim against debtor in bankruptcy resulting in loss of the claim at discharge. Court granted summary judgment on the basis that Plaintiff had failed to produce competent expert testimony proving the case within the case– that the creditor would have been able to recover on its bankruptcy claim notwithstanding the lawyers alleged negligence.